Jedco Inc. serves the precision metal fabrication needs of the aerospace industry. Jedco is a leading supplier of fabricated sheet metal and complex machined assemblies to the domestic and global aerospace industry.
JOB TITLE: Aircraft Welder
JOB SUMMARY: Welds metal components together with brazing and variety of arc and gas welding equipment to fabricate or repair products such as machine parts.
JOB DETAILS: Full Time, benefited position, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift
· Maintains proper welding certifications for customer job requirements.
· Determines various locations, relationship of parts and welding requirements by interpreting blueprints and welding manual specifications supplied by management.
· May be required to lay out materials and make set-up to perform work/make repairs on defective weldments.
· Performs degreasing and other cleaning operations following Jedco's Standard Manufacturing Guidelines and procedures when called for by procedural specifications.
· Is required to inspect and assume responsibility for critical welding operations.
· Assists department leadman in deciding operations, material and equipment best suited to job operations.
· Performs other tasks, as required.
· Maintains all applicable Jedco and customer certifications, where required.
Skills and Job Specifications:
· Reads and Understands operation process sheets, tooling instructions, blueprint features and basic manufacturing principles.
· Follows all processes provided and works with supervision and engineering for improvements and modifications.
· Responsible for work performed and the inspection of such work.
· Reads and understands all required measuring and testing equipment required for the job.
· Comfortable communicating with wide range of people/personalities.
· Must be highly motivated and able to handle multiple duties at one time.
· Must be a self starter, detail oriented and very well organized.
Education and Qualifications:
· Must be able to communicate fluently in English (read, write, verbal).
· Blueprint reading and understanding of basic manufacturing procedures and GD&T are required.
· 3-5 years of TIG welding is required.
· High School Diploma with general math skills is required; college degree preferred.
· Knowledge and use of M & TE.
· Must have a minimum of 3-5 years manufacturing experience (TIG welding) and weld symbology.
· Must be certifiable for customer requirements.
· Must have 2-4 years minimum experience welding sheet metal.
Physical Demand: Must be able to perform a variety of physical demands described here and are representative of those that must be met by an employee.
· Ability to lift up to 5 - 50 pounds a day.
· Bending motion 10 - 50% of daily work time.
· Squatting 0 – 10% of work time.
· Over Chest reaching 10% of work time.
· Repetitive motion 50 - 80% of work time.
· Single leg stance 0% of work time
· Inclined walking 5 – 10%
· Sitting 50 to 60%
· Lifting any weight away from body 5 – 25%
· Overhead lifting 5 – 10%
· General lifting 80%
· Standing 40 – 50%
· Reaching at least 20 – 70% of work time.
· Hip movement 50 – 60% of work time
· Knee movement 60 – 80% of work time
· Foot pedal Motion 60 – 90% of work time
· Running Touch 90% of work time
· Repetitive motion of wrists and hands 60 – 90%
· Grinding and prepping 40 – 50%
· General eye sight and ability to focusing and fine visual work 60%
· Fine hand eye coordination 60%
Submit Resumes to: email@example.com. No phone calls please.